Doctor insights on:
Why Does Blood From Different Fingers Give You A Different Blood Sugar Reading
Should not: There is a difference in readings +/- a certain% even from the same finger done twice. ...Read more
The blood sugar concentration or blood glucose level is the amount of glucose (sugar) present in the blood of a human or animal. The body naturally tightly regulates blood glucose levels as a part of metabolic homeostasis. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the body's cells, and blood lipids (in the form of fats and oils) are primarily ...Read more
• I am diabetic since 5 years,for the last 5 years my fasting blood glucose in between 125-134 mg/dL and my blood sugar level two hours after eati?
No specific question: The fasting blood sugar results you are providing do indeed point to diabetes. Are you under the care of a physician and being treated for the diabetes? If you are on medication I would advise that you follow up with your physician to discuss your results. Heed the lifestyle advice that your doctor gives you, changing your diet and exercising will greatly affect you long term outcome. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Why am i getting a twenty-point higher reading with my blood sugar with my left middle finger than my right finger?
Consistently?: If this happens once in awhile and the testing from each side is around the same time, make sure both hands are clean and completely dry. Glucometer reproducibility may be a problem also, though maybe more likely with high rather than normal blood sugars. If you check blood sugar from same finger twice, sequentially, will there also be a difference? ...Read more
Same normal: You should have the same normal glucose levels as anyone else, however, it's going to be much harder for you to do that with your extreme obesity and Insulin resistance. Hopefully, you're on diet, exercise and weight loss, plus probably several medications for diabetes, cholesterol and blood pressure control. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does a doctor give nitroglycerin for a patient with high blood pressure?
- Can you have a different blood type to your parents?
- Can you have a different blood group to your parents?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why would you be shaky from normal blood sugar?
- What does it mean when you have sticky brown blood coming from your vagina?
- What does it mean when you spit up a little blood?
- What does it mean when you spit up blood with a sinus infection?
- Why does swallowing blood from a nose bleed cause nausea?