Doctor insights on:
Why Does Biotin Make You Itch
Area encircling my mouth, about a centimeter away from lips is blotchy & brownish. I'm on birth control & biotin. No pain, bumps, or itch. What is it?
Melasma: You are describing melasma, which is often seen as darker areas of pigmentation and can be associated with use of bcp or hormones. Alternatively, if you have a lip licking habit, then that causes very mild skin irritation which when exposed to sun could cause "post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.". ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Not supposed: Biotin or other inert compound in the same pill as anything else may cause allergies especially if taken from animal origen. What kind of breakout is giving you? Itchy wheals scattered throughout the body? Swelling of lips, tongue or throat? Wheezing? Depending upon how fast the reaction is after intake the more serious it is. Consider other causes too. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
No: There have been similar and occasional complaints such as yours however though not born out by science. Your dose is huge--recommended is only 30-100 mcg daily. Biotin, also vitamin h or b7, helps convert food to energy ; builds hair ; nails. Found in almonds, eggs, liver, pecans, sardines ; whole grains. Though biotin is nontoxic, try getting it in foods instead ; see what your weight does! ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does niacin make you itch?
- Why does biotin make you gain weight?
- Why does a belly button smell and how can you make ordor stop?
- Does herpes make you itch all over?
- Does biotin make you break out?
- Does alcohol make you itch?
- Why does prometrium make you tired?
- Does chlamydia make you itch?
- Why does sweat make you itch?