Doctor insights on:
Why Does A Doctor Put A Cast On A Broken Arm Or Leg
An arm fracture typically refers to a fracture of the bone in the upper arm, the humerus or of the bones in the forearm, the radius and/or the ulna. Fractures in the hand and wrist are usually not called "arm fractures". While many of these fractures are treated non-surgically in children, many of these fractures, particularly those in the forearm, ...Read more
That depends on : The injury/ injuries, any other complicating factors ; the surgical procedures that need to be performed. There is no one size fits all answer for this question. ...Read more
Usually 4-6 weeks: Arm fractures usually heal in 4-6 weeks depending on the extent of fracture, type of fractuere and which arm bone or bones are affected. All things equal you should expect 4-6 weeks but your orthopedist may think differently based on follow up exam, x-rays and your individual case study. Follow up and keep open dialog with your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Broken arm cast
- Do they put a cast on a broken toe?
- How to put on a cast for a broken bone?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can they put a cast on your thumb if it is broken?
- Length of time in cast broken leg
- Does a broken hand need a cast?
- Why does my broken hand burn when i put salt on it?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free