Doctor insights on:
Why Do The Ama And Cdc Refuse To Recognize Treatments For Lymes Disease
Can dawson fingers brain lesions present in lymes disease? Im hoping I have lymes and not ms. My igenex test was positive and ELISA test CDC neg.
Possibly: Dawson's fingers which appear on imaging is more consistent with demyelinating disease such as multiple sclerosis and not infection such as lyme. You need to have a more detailed evaluation and may need additional studies to make a definitive diagnosis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Lyme is caused by borrelia burgdorferi. Acute symptoms can include bullseye rash, headaches, joint pain, fever, and flu like sx. Chronic symptoms can include fibromyalgia symptoms, nerve pain in extremities, mood swings, brain fog, heart problems. Lab diagnosis is not very reliable, and sometimes clinical ...Read more
Oral antibiotics.: The treatment for this is apparently oral antibiotics. For those >=12 and not pregnant, Doxycycline 100mg 2x/day is the first choice, while those <12 get amoxacillin 50mg/kg/day. Amoxaciliin 500 mg 3x/day is the second choice for adults. The 3rd and 4th choices for all ages are Cefuroxime axetil 500 mg 2x/day and Erythromycin 250 mg 4x/day respectively. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Lyme is a disease that is spread by the bites of tics to humans. The only way to prevent lyme disease is to use proper insect repellant ( with deet ) to avoid getting bitten by the tics. If you are in wooded areas or areas where lyme is prevalent, make sure when you get home you check yourself and all others in your family for tics embedded in your skin. Remove them as soon as possible. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is hospitalization needed for chronic Lyme disease treament (during an intravenous antibiotic treatment)?
Not necessarily: Not necessarily.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do schizophrenics refuse to bathe?
- Why do dialysis treatments take so long?
- Why do fertility treatments often cause multiple births?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do people get heart disease?
- Why do people with lung disease often die of heart failure?
- Why do some people with inflammatory bowel disease relapse a lot?
- Why do some doctors say lupus sle is a terminal disease?
- Talk to a travel medicine specialist online for free