Doctor insights on:
Why Do Some React Differently To Alcohol Than Others
It is complicated: Every person has a different metabolic make up. Some have more active enzyme systems and process alcohol more effeciently than others. It also depends on what other drugs or medications are in you system. Metabolism of alcohol may be slowed or enhanced by these agents. Food also tends to slow the metabolism of alcohol. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
People are different: One of the distinctive features of our species is the diversity of our minds -- there are actual mechanisms in place that guarantee members of a community will always be different. This applies to reactions to alcohol just as it does to tastes in music, job choice and leisure activities. Reaching this understanding has taught me both tolerance ; humility. Drink if you think it's right for you. ...Read more
Alcohol is alcohol..: ... But different kinds of drinks can feel different due to other factors. One issue is the rate at which the alcohol level rises. Thus, distilled spirits like tequila, with highly concentrated alcohol, may give a different subjective experience than less concentrated alcohol in wine or beer. Also, "cogeners" may be a factor. See: http://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/congener#in_alcoholic_beverages. ...Read more
I know that alcohol affects a diabetics body differently, but what would happen if a diabetic drank?
No significant : Interaction we advise our patients to have no more than 1 alchoholic beverage daily, with, not separate, from meal. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do some babies have more gas than others?
- Why do some people need more fiber than others?
- Why do some people have darker moles than others?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do some peoples farts stink more than others?
- Why do some women show earlier than others when pregnant?
- Why are some moles bigger than others?
- Why are some people more fertile than others?
- Why do some people react differently to alcohol than others?