Doctor insights on:
Why Do Some Kids Have Tape Over One Of Their Eye Glasses Lens
Amblyopia/Strabismus: I agree with dr. Block that some kids have one "lazy" eye that needs to be made to work by occluding the "good" eye with tape, a patch, or drops. Vision therapy (VT) may or may not work to improve visual function, but prolonged attempts at VT may delay needed surgery if the eyes become misaligned. Any such patient needs to be seen by a pediatric ophthalmologist before therapy decisions are made. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Glasses vs contacts: First of all, glasses are cheaper and there are no side effects to glasses. They're very easy to use and can offer protection to your eyes. Contact lenses, only offer cosmetic advantages, except in very rare eye conditions, which are solely treated with contacts, but those are rare. Contact lenses need to be cared for & fit properly, are more expensive, & can have side effects or even intolerance. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can't be fixed: Scratches generally cannot be fixed without remaking the lenses. ...Read more
No: It does make sense to be wearing glasses full time prior to changing to contact lenses. Even if you wear contact lenses, it is important to have a backup pair of glasses to use just in case you develop an infection , or allergic problem that requires a break in your contact lens wear. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do i have a white spot on one of my nipples?
- Why do my eyes burn at the end of the day when i have my contact lenses on?
- Why do type 1 diabetic patients have to increase their hemoglobin a1c?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do i have eye strain when i wear glasses i usually wear contacts?
- Talk to a pediatrician online