Doctor insights on:
Why Do People With Sickle Cell Anemia Suffer From Leg Ulcers
This is a genetic disorder in which hemoglobin is abnormally made., more common in people of african descent. This abnormality causes red blood cells to become stiff and fall apart. This can cause very specific symptoms: pain, pneumonias, strokes, spleen problems, and many other problems. Some have mild disease, some ...Read more
If you suffer from a chronic pain disorder such as sickle cell anemia what natural pain relief is there?
Prevent ss crisis: Hydration, a lot of fluids, oxygenation, Folic Acid supplements, treat infection new studies suggest sickle cell patient cannot vasodilate due to low nitric oxide--resveratrol, present in grapes, red wine increase nitric oxide! ---but I am skeptical. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What to do if I have to do a report on sickle cell anemia and I was wondering do people with sickle cell anemia usually get splenectomies?
No: The disease usually results in the self destruction of the spleen as a functional organ by the age 3. At that point it would have no impact on the disorder and cease to be of any importance. ...Read more
Do people with sickle cell anemia have higher chance of having a cerebrovascular accident (stroke)?
Yes.: Sickle cells can clog blood vessels causing small strokes (embolic); they can also damage blood vessel walls making them more susceptible to tearing and bleeding and leading to strokes (hemorrhagic). Keeping blood pressure and diabetes under control and keeping the percentage of sickle cells low can be helpful. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do patients with kidney disease suffer from anemia?
- Do people always die young if they have sickle cell anemia?
- Life expectancy of people with sickle cell anemia
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you die from sickle cell anemia?
- Sickle cell anemia is a genetic disorder obtained from
- Do people with sickle cell trait have symptoms?
- Do people with hocm also suffer from burning or stinging feet or swollen feet?
- Talk to a dermatologist online