Doctor insights on:
Why Do People With Lung Disease Often Die Of Heart Failure
Deoxygenated blood enters the lungs from the right side of the heart and travels to the lungs. When you inspire, oxygen flows into the lungs, transverses the capilliares and attaches to hemoglobin down a gradient. At the same time, co2 diffuses into the capilaries and is expelled with exhalation. Oxygen rich blood then flows to the left side of the heart and into the ...Read more
If a has 2 heart attacks before a year & now cardiomegaly & lungs filled with fluid means symptoms of conngestive heart failure. Will he survive?
It depends: Heart attacks can lead to congestive heart failure because of a loss of heart muscle. This can result in a decrease in the squeezing function of the heart. This is turn can lead to fluid building up in the lungs causing shortness of breath. Heart failure can be treated with appropriate medications and diet restrictions. Your cardiologist would be in a better position to give you an assessment. ...Read more
Keep waking up gasping for air. Had a normal ECG two years ago, my doc said heart/ lungs sound fine, BP norm. Not heart failure then? What could it be
My mom was told she has a blood clot between her lungs and heart, is this serious, and deadly? She has congestive heart failure and copd.
69yrold emphysema both top lungs no air sacs bottom right pneumonia right heart failure broke hip never seen dr until now life expectancy? Heavy smoke
Heart failure is a complex set of conditions in which the heart "fails" to pump a normal amount of blood with each beat. This can be due to poor squeezing function (systolic heart failure) and/or a stiff heart incapable of filling normally (diastolic heart failure). Common symptoms include swelling and trouble breathing, particularly when ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How often do people die from bulimia if they have heart conidtion?
- Why do women with a heart attack but no chest pain die so often?
- Why do healthy people die from a heart attack?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do elderly people often get hypernatremia?
- Why do people die from hernia surgery?
- Why do people sigh is sighing a symptom of lung disease?
- How many people die of heart disease?
- Talk to a cardiologist online