Doctor insights on:
Why Do People With Artificial Heart Valves Have To Take Blood Thinners
Risk x clots: Artificial valves statistically are more prone to cause clots. Red blood cells crash against their hard surfaces triggering the cascade for clotting. This does not occur with bio prosthetic valves made of animals like pigs, or cadaver duramadre( meningeal layer). ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
What are the risks and benefits of stenting diseased blood vessels / heart bypass surgery / heart transplant / artificial heart valve transplant?
Analyse risk/benefit: Artificial heart valves came on the medical scene in 1961. Prior to these life savers, open heart surgeons could repair damaged heart valves. A valve repair might last 1 to 6 years. The question you need answered is... Without a heart valve how will my health be? From that point you can get the risk of implanting and maintaining your new valve. Take a friend/family with you to help decide. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
What does subjective heart mean? My stepfather has had stints for blockages and has a bad heart takes blood thinner,
If an person is taking an blood thinner for heart isease, can he take the product "healthy blood flow" from an health store?
I've had a heart attack and have CHF.I take Effient for a blood thinner. Is it safe to take Ibuprofen for my arthritis along with my heart meds?
Artificial vs tissue aortic valve replacement. Is it worth it to do tissue when it will have to be redone in 10 to 12 years? Effects of blood thinner?
Depends.....: Depends on age, lifestyle and need or not for anticoagulant for other reasons. Coumadin is not without risk, while the risk for re-replacement of a tissue aortic valve is not high. So if you are relatively young (<60), don't need Coumadin or don't want to take it, it would be very reasonable to have a tissue valve with the understanding that you will probably require another replacement. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What precautions do i have to take with a blood clot disorder when pregnant?
- Why do people with copd tend to have fluctuating weight gain and fluid retention?
- Why do so many people with diabetes also have high blood pressure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do i need to see a hematologist with a low white blood cell count?
- Why do people with asperger syndrome turn to self harm?
- Do people with herpes have artificial insemination?
- Why do overweight people have trouble with overheating?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free