Doctor insights on:
Why Do People Tear Up When They Yawn
Yawning is opening the mouth semi-voluntarily while taking a long, deep breath of air. It is a type of reflex action controlled by the brain (a person cannot yawn on command). Yawning is normal, and usually due to drowsiness or tiredness. However, excessive yawning that happens much more often than normal may be caused by vagus nerve signals, due ...Read more
I keep yawning and when I do I pull something under my neck that makes me tear up. Any suggestions?
Reflex tearing : Could be misdirected neural connections.Get a more detailed answer ›
Synkenesis: Synkinesis is the result from miswiring of nerves after (injury) trauma. This can involuntary muscular movements or actions accompanying voluntary movements. For example, yawning can cause the lacrimal gland, that produces tears, to contract and tear or your eye lid to close. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Artificial tears: It sounds like you are suffering from dry eyes. This is a condition caused by a decrease or imbalance in the amount/type of tears that you produce. The mainstay of treatment is lubricating eye drops (artificial tears), but there are other available options that may work better. If artificial tears do not help within a week or two, see an eye doctor to evaluate the exact cause. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do eyes tear when yawning?
- Why do people cry when they yawn?
- Why do my ears open up when i yawn big i have tmj?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do i yawn when im on a treadmill?
- Why do you yawn when you exercise?
- Why do people spit up blood?
- Why do people throw up after eating?
- Why peoples eyes tear up when they yawn?