Doctor insights on:
Why Do My Wrists Hurt When I Type On The Keyboard
Could be.: You should always give a break by moving around and exercising your wrists and have a good support for typing. ...Read more
Pain in the wrist, mainly the carpal bones, for a while. Hurts when typing, writing, doing hair, bending long periods of time, etc. Why?
Carpal tunnel: Hi PaigeP, sounds like carpal tunnel syndrome. Go see your family doctor and he can test for this. In many cases, wearing special wrist braces is sufficient. In severe cases, sometimes surgery is helpful. In the meantime, anti-inflammatories can be helpful for pain, and limit long exposures to typing and working on the computer. Hope thats helpful. ...Read more
Straight: Straight and unbent.Get a more detailed answer ›
Neutral position.: Frequent typing might increase the risk to suffer from various pain symptoms in the wrists and fingers since you put stress on nerves passing between the lower arm and hand. The best position to minimize pain is to support the base of the hand on a soft pad and have the wrists bent slightly upwards. Frequent rests are important. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does my palm and wrist hurt and sweat a lot when i type?
- My wrist hurts so badly when i type what should i do
- Why does my wrist hurt when i move it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do my sides hurt when i eat greasy foods?
- Why do my gums hurt when i brush?
- Why do my ears hurt when i swallow?
- Why do my shoulders hurt when i take a deep breath?
- Why does my wrist hurt when i do a pushup?