Doctor insights on:
Why Do My Hands Peel
Many Possibilities: Hand peeling can be caused by several different conditions, from fungal infection to eczema to calluses or warts. If it is the whole hand, it definitely needs to be checked out by a physician (primary care or dermatology). If it's a small area, you can try a moisturizing lotion or even a small amount of Hydrocortisone cream. If that makes it worse, see a doctor. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
My husband is convinced that HCl causes his hands to break out, itch and then peel. Is that possible?
Sweat problem: Sometimes hands will peel as a result of a sweet gland problem called dishydrosis. If the fingertips alone are peeling, that is common with strep throat and it is recommended to be tested for strep. Sometimes contact dermatitis (touching something one is allergic to) can lead to peeling. This question is best helped with a visit to be properly evaluated. ...Read more
My 18 mnth old just got over having HFM for the most part everything has cleared up but her skin is peeling off her hands should i be worried.
Sometimes can occur: HFMD is usually not serious. Illness is typically mild, and nearly all patients recover in 7 to 10 days without medical treatment.Anything that causes inflammation can result in peeling. Like skin peeling after a sunburn. Thicker skin of the palms and soles can take longer to peel. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do my veins pop out on my hands?
- Why do my hands go numb when i sleep?
- Why do my hands fall asleep when i am sleeping?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do my hands turn red and hot?
- Why do my hands wake me up in the middle of night hurting?
- Why do my hands tingle like pins and needles while i am sleeping?
- Hand cramps when sleeping
- Talk to a dermatologist online