Doctor insights on:
Why Do My Eyes Appear Hollow And Small After Using Glasses For A Long Period
Wait: Dilating drops wear off.Get a more detailed answer ›
What happens to your eyes if you are in the dark for a long period of time and then exposed to light?
Nothing dangerous: Eyes adapt to both light and dark fairly easily. In the dark, the pupils dilate to allow in whatever light there might be, and the retina's dark-seeing receptors (rods) are capturing the images you see. Once you enter the light, the pupils constrict rapidly and forcefully which may cause temporary discomfort. You may also find things excessively bright, but there is no danger in healthy eyes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
When i lay down for a short or long period of time and i get up, i get really lightheaded and my eyes black out a few seconds, what does this mean?
No: But there are better things to do with your time. ...Read more
Rarely: Eye floaters can be an early cue to some vision threatening conditions so the appearance of these should be cause for an eye examination by an ophthalmologist (not an optometrist). But most causes are benign so the presence does not inevitably lead to blindness. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why is my eyes getting smaller?
- Why do my breast hurt after my period?
- Why do my breasts hurt after my period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do my eyes sting after an eye exam?
- Why do my eyes become tired after reading?
- Why is my period lasting longer than usual after failed ivf?
- Do your eyes ache when wearing glasses for long periods of time?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free