Doctor insights on:
Why Do Low Carb Diets Cause Bad Breath Is There A Way To Fix This Without Loading On Carbs
Yes: Low carb diets are rich in proteins. Odor producing bacteria in your mouth love proteins , so they multiply... Sometimes rinse with diluted peroxide (1:1) may help. If not - find a dentist who can do "full mouth detox" we do it exclusively in our breath center in calabasas, ca. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Low carb diet takes away acid reflux is it because of eliminating sugars ? Does sugars cause acid reflux?
Not really: Reflux results from ring of muscle at lower end of esophagus relaxing & allowing acidic food to reflux up esophagus. Fried/greasy food, spicy food, acidic food, caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, carbonated drinks, meds like calcium channel blockers/nsaids etc can all exacerbate reflux. Being overweight, lying down right after eating can too. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Some are: some processed carbs- like white bread have few nutrients and may result in high blood sugars when digested, The same may go for sugar laden cakes, and many refined baked goods. The better carb choices are fresh fruits and vegetables, beans, whole grains. They are digested slowly, full of nutrients, and higher in fiber when compared to their processed counterparts. ...Read more
Hemoglobin 11.4 hemacrit 33.9 RBC 4.08 is that mildly low and could low carb diet with no multivitamin cause this?
- When you go on a low carb diet do you tend to urinate more
- Im on a low carb no sugar diet can this cause night sweats being really sleepy
- What vitamins do i need to take if i am on a low carb diet?
- How bad is pizza on a low carb diet?
- Why is a low carb diet bad for your health?
- Is there a way to get rid of a lump on my eyelid without surgery?
- Is there a way to prevent weight gain after a very low calorie diet?
- Is there a way to get rid of fatty deposits on my arms without surgery?
- How long does it take your body to start burning fat on a low carb diet?
- How to get roughage while on a low carb and low fat diet?