Doctor insights on:
Why Do I Need To Take A Bronchodilator Before A Steroid Inhaler
Different meds: Short acting bronchodilators are used in asthma to relax the smooth muscle of the airway and are usually used for rescue (or premed for exercise induced symptoms). Steroid inhalers are daily medications to reduce inflammation in the lungs and are not rapid onset. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Inhaled corticosteroids help keep your airways from swelling up. This helps keep your asthma symptoms away. If your child cannot use an inhaler, your doctor will give you Pulmicort Respules. This drug is used with a nebulizer. This machine can turn liquid medicine into a spray, so your child can ...Read more
Is there any harm in using a steroid inhaler just BEFORE a bronchodilator? I do so in the morning before having any symptoms under doctor guidance.
My daughter had one time an asthma attack , for how many months should she take singulair and steroid inhaler ?
Son takes steroid inhaler and zyrtec nightly for asthma. Since allergy season started, cough returned & albuterol won't get rid of it. What can I try?
Peak flows: Please use a peak flow meter to help document how your son's asthma gets better or worse. With these data, you can work with his pediatrician to make an asthma action plan, which can help to guide the correct use of different medications. It may be that he needs a burst of oral steroids, but difficult to say without numbers. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Slow, long-acting: Steroid inhalers are not "rescue" medications, and will not make your breathing easier right away like albuterol does. Using steroid inhaler daily as directed works to prevent flare-ups and make your lungs less sensitive, but will not give instant relief in an attack. You should still have a rescue inhaler such as albuterol available for fast relief when needed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do i need to have a barium swallow test before i get a nissen fundoplication?
- Why do i need to take antibiotics for 4 weeks to treat a prostate infection?
- Why do i need to see a doctor before starting an exercise program?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do i need to wait before i see results of a varicocele embolization?
- How long do i need to be off humira both before and after a shingles vaccination?
- Do i need to drink a lot of water before abdominal ultrasound?
- Do i need to wait after having a colonoscopy before i can donate plasma?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free