Doctor insights on:
Why Do I Keep Biting My Cheek Accidentally
I keep biting the inside of my cheek and then it becomes a sore. Is there a cream or some technique i can use to prevent it from becoming a sore?
See your dentist: Repeated biting of your cheek may reflect an abnormal bite problem that a dentist may be able to identify and treat. But no, I'm not aware of any cream or topical preparation that might help. ...Read more
Black round bump on right inside of cheek by bite line. Wasn't there on 2/10 @ dentist. There for 8 days. Keep biting it.I had HPV in 2005. Cancer?
Maybe: Black round bump could be a mucosal melanoma inside cheek, a hemangioma or even hematoma if it arise from a bite at that site. While HPV is frequently involved with oral lesions, they are for the most part squamous Ca's that are ulcerating and not nodular in development. If resolution doesn't occur will probably need bx. ...Read more
I've been biting the inside of my cheek since I was 6 years old, i'm now 26. Can this lead to problems?
Yes: Repetitive trauma to the mouth mucous membranes over time can lead to problems. In most cases, probably won't be harmful, but in the worst case could even lead to a cancer someday. Recommend you try to stop this. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Dental block: Your dentist may be able to help you. Similar to folks who grind their teeth at night, a dental block may help alleviate your cheek chewing. Also, sometimes stress level reduction can help decrease nighttime gnawing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do i get excessive peeling inside the cheeks of my mouth?
- Why do i keep getting these sharp pains near my ribs and under my breasts?
- Why do i keep getting a rash on my neck?
- Why do i keep getting boils on my buttocks?
- Causes of fever blisters on the lips
- Why do i keep getting sores in my nose?
- Why do i keep getting bruises on my legs?
- Why do i keep bleeding after my period?
- Why do i keep biting my tongue when i sleep?