Doctor insights on:
Why Do I Have High Levels Of Liver Enzymes After The Flu And Fevers
This organ plays a major role in metabolism and has a number of functions in the body, including glycogen storage, decomposition of red blood cells, plasma protein synthesis, hormone production, and detoxification. It lies below the diaphragm in the abdominal-pelvic region of the abdomen. It produces bile, an alkaline compound which aids in digestion via the emulsification of ...Read more
Can pregnancy or having a cold/flu elevate your liver enzyme levels? Alt level is 54. Is this considered high?
Some perhaps: Depends on the virus...And on the medicines you are taking, either regularly or for the cold/flu symptoms. Alt=54 is not very high--i would not worry about it. Could ask your dr to recheck it in about 2 weeks (when over cold, etc.) to allay fears, but not essential if no right upper abdominal pain / nausea / stool color changes / yellowing of skin. ...Read more
Positive test to epstein barr 3 yrs go. Had 'post viral syndrome' since. Symptoms: ongoing flu and malaise. Elevated rf, liver enzymes. What can I do?
See specialists...: A rheumatologist and an infectious disease specialist can evaluate to see if more can be done to decrease symptoms. A hepatologist (liver specialist) can help if there is ongoing liver damage. An immunologist (specialist in immune system disorders) may have some helpful ideas also. ...Read more
I had blood work done on day three of having the flu. Liver enzyme function and c reactive protein came back elevated. Could this be the cause?
Complicated: One thing which distinguishes influenza from many other viral infections is its systemic manifestations. It would not be surprising to see a low grade hepatitis in association with this. If the pulmonary involvement were severe enough there might be low grade right sided failure with hepatic congestion which could do this. Or you might have something other than influenza. ...Read more
My 2 1/2 year old son has a fever of 101 for more than a week. Liver enzymes are high. Any clue what the cause is.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do i have high levels of liver enzymes after dengue?
- Why do i have nausea and stomach pain only in the middle of the night?
- Why do i have pain down the left side of my back and arm?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do i have red dots at the back of my throat?
- Why do i have to go to the bathroom right after i eat?
- Why do i have a lump on the side of my foot that hurts when i walk?
- Why do i have pain in the lower right side of my stomach?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free