Doctor insights on:
Why Do I Have Discharge Before My Period
The menstrual cycle begins with the shedding of the uterine lining, resulting in bleeding from the vagina. A few weeks later, one ovary releases an egg and the uterine lining thickens in preparation for a potential pregnancy. Pregnancy can occur at this stage if sperm fertilizes the egg. If the egg is not fertilized, the egg will leave your body and ...Read more
Probably: Leukorrhea is a normal vaginal discharge made up of cells and fluid. The consistency, color and amount of this discharge can change depending on time of the menstrual cycle & whether pregnant or not pregnant. If you have significant changes in vaginal discharge color, odor, itching, burning or swelling - please seek evaluation. Take care. ...Read more
PH changes: Foul smelling discharge is most commonly associated with changes in the ph or acidity/alkalinity of your vagina. Food and alcohol can affect ph, bacterial infections can affect ph. Ejaculate too. There are a variety of environmental causes of foul smelling discharge. Having said that, the changes in your hormones before a period (decline in estrogen) may be causing this as well. ...Read more
Exam needed: What you have is probably benign , but you need an exam in order to be treated correctly. See a Provider when you are symptomatic. ...Read more
Discharge can be a noun or a verb; it has multiple meanings in physics, chemistry, military, and legal usage. The most common medical meaning is a substance that is being excreted. Examples: pus is the discharge from a pimple; a vaginal discharge can mean infection; an ear discharge can mean an infection of the outer ear tract; a nasal discharge ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do i have a brown discharge before my period?
- Why do i have white discharge before my period?
- Why do i have brown discharge before my period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do i get brown discharge before my period?
- Why do i have spotting before my period?
- Why do i have cramps a week before my period?
- Why do i have cramps two weeks before my period?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free