Doctor insights on:
Why Do I Have Chest Pains On The Left Side
I have chest pains on the left side when laying down at night. I'm 25 years old, 5' 11", 270 pounds. I've always taken it as heart burn, but am worried?
I have been having chest pains on the left side for about a week now it comes and goes just wondering what can cause it?
Probably not serious: Chest pains are usually worrisome because of the concern about their being due to heart disease, especially coronary disease. Sharp discomfort is not usually coronary in origin. Most often, these are chest wall (musculoskeletal), and resolve spontaneously or after simple remedies. Gastrointestinal or pulmonary causes may play a role, less commonly pericarditis (inflammation of sac around heart). ...Read more
I have been having sharp stabbing chest pains on the left side under my heart. They last for only a few minutes and worsen when i breath or move.
Texidor's?: This is almost certainly the "stitch" / "texidor's twinge" / precordial catch. It's very common and not a problem. I believe it's caused by a fold in the pleura which explains why it vanishes if the lungs are inflated to their maximum. If you do get chest pain accompanied by obvious systemic problems, or this doesn't go away, get seen. ...Read more
Musculoskeletal: Sounds atypical for heart disease especially if not related to exertion, breathing or other symptoms. If it is worsened with deep breaths, it could be pleurisy, PTX or pericarditis but these are both usually persistent not sporadic. Does it hurt to raise your arm or move in a particular position? In any event, check with your doctor this week and be aware of any new or progressive symptoms ->ER ...Read more
I have been having chest pains on the left side going out my upper left side of back under my armpit had a heart cath was fine what can it be i?
For the past month I've had chest pains on the left side and a dry cough, skin pale X-ray normal. I had an exposure to concrete, scare I have silicos?
I have been having bad chest pains on the left side of my heart, now when my cramps up I have trouble breathing this seems to last for a few mins.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why am i having sharp chest pains on the left side of my chest?
- Why do i have chest pains on the right side?
- Why do i have chest pains left side and back more when i lay down?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do i have a lump on the side of my foot that hurts when i walk?
- Im having sharp pains everytime i breath on the right side of my upper chest
- Why do i have chest pains around my left breast?
- Why do i have cramps on my left side?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free