Doctor insights on:
Why Do I Have A Pain In My Tush When I Need To Have A Bowel Movement
The gastrointestinal tract starts at the mouth, travel down the tunnel (esophagus), which connects to the stomach, which then empties into the duodenum, jejunum, and ileum---the three parts of the small intestine (@25 feet). This empties into the colon or large intestine (about 5 feet), which then becomes the sigmoid colon, rectum and out the anus. So, every morsel eaten ...Read more
When i have sex i feel like i need to have a bowel movement, just uncomfortable. what could cause this?
Mammal stress call: Many species "relieve" themselves as an initial stress reaction. It makes it easier to flee or to fight without the burden of a full intestine. Psychotherapy may help you learn how to avoid some stress and how to be prepared for it when it has to be dealt with. Your pcp may also have suggestions for diet and medication options. Best. ...Read more
I only have a bowel movement once out twice a week. I've just recently asked someone their opinion and they said it wasn't normal. Any idea the cause?
Probably normal.: Some people have bm only once or twice per week. If this has been your normal pattern and you have no real symptoms no one but your doc can tell you it is not normal. Note to self, do not ask strangers for medical advice. ...Read more
When I have a bowel movement I suddenly start to cough. It only happens during this time. What could be the cause?
Vagal Response?: When one strains to have a BM it stimulates the vagus nerve (usually more pronounced in elderly men with large prostates), and this stimulation may affect the diaphragm as well and cause resultant coughing in your case. Resultant inflammation from viruses can sometimes cause this. If it persists, see the Dr. for an exam. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I need to have a bowel movement
- Why does my heart race when have a bowel movement?
- When i have a bowel movement it a mucas like substance around it why is that
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do i have a bowel movement after eating?
- Why do i have a bowel movement after i eat?
- Why do i have a feeling of vaginal fullness everytime i have a bowel movement?
- My lower back hurts when i have a bowel movement
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online