Doctor insights on:
Why Do I Have A Pain In My Chest When I Sneeze
I suffer with musculoskeletal chest pain is it normal for it to hurt in my chest when I sneeze or cough?
A semi-autonomous, convulsive expulsion of air from the lungs through the nose and mouth, usually caused by foreign particles irritating the nasal mucosa. A sneeze expels air forcibly from the mouth and nose in an explosive, spasmodic involuntary action resulting chiefly from irritation of the nasal ...Read more
Yes: If the pain is brief, only associated with sneezing and no other symptoms are present then i wouldn't categorize this as abnormal, especially if you're sneezing because of an upper respiratory infection that is also causing some inflammation and congestion in the chest. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Several things: Problems like these can only be correctly handled by your doctor in person. He/she needs to listen to you, perform an examination and possibly run labs or other tests. That's the only way he/she can find out what's going on and what to do about it. ...Read more
Upper left chest pain and shoulder pain what could be causing it it hurts severely to cough or sneeze?
see below: You describe pleurisy or pericarditis. Sometimes intercostal muscular pain can mimic this. If the pain is worse lying down, improved sitting up/forward, it suggest pericarditis. If you have fever/cough, shortness of breath, it suggests pneumonia with pleural involvement. Were your chest xray and ct done recently/for this illness? A cxr, CBC and echo are usual parts of the evaluation. ...Read more
I've been experiencing some cold-like symtoms. Everytime I sneeze I feel painful sharp electric chest pain around my collarbone and arm. Can u help?
Sever dry cough with chest pain i suffer from sever cough and sneezing with chest pain, it started with nasal drops 5 days ago.
I sneezed & got this sharp chest pain that got worse with movement but if i stayed still it wouldn't hurt only lasted 15min wen to ER EKG normal?
Pulled muscle: Sounds like you pulled a muscle in your rib cage sneezing. I'm almost surprised they even did an ekg. It hurts when you move because you are contracting that muscle. ...Read more
- Why do i feel a pain in my chest when i sneeze?
- I have a sharp pain in my chest when i cough or sneeze what causes this
- Why do i have a pain in my back that moves to my front chest plate?
- Why do i have a pain in my upper back when i swallow?
- Why do i have shocking pain in my butt when i stand a long time?
- Why do i have a pain in my tush when i need to have a bowel movement?
- Why do i have a sharp pain in my chest?
- Why do i get a pain in my chest when i sneaz?
- Why do i have a pain in my chest?
- Why do i have a sharp pain in my chest and stomach?