Doctor insights on:
Why Do I Get Watery Eyes For No Reason
Tears out of proportion. Eyes need tear film to keep the cornea clear of any local or environmental foreign materials. The tears are produced by local as well as accessory lacrimal glands and are constantly being replaced by evaporation or suction by the nasolacrimal system into the nose. Watery eyes can result from many causes, some of which being too much production ...Read more
Yes: Determine if reflexive tearing (thus treat the etiology, remove inciting factor or improve the tear film or make more tears), or obstruction of the tear drain (thus re-open it or bypass it), or any underlying primary or secondary cause. Excessive tearing is usually when you have to carry a tissue box and the tears are always spilling over like crying. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Red eyes: Are usually do to inflammation which is the basis to the watering. The inflammation disrupts tears production making the eyes dry. This dryness sends a signal to the brain saying the eye is dry, more tears result. Stop that signal by using artificial tear drops, this can help with the redness also. Restasis is also an option. ...Read more
My eyes may be dry. I spend a lot of time on the computer, and when i go outside, my eyes get sensitive. Heavy eyelids, watery eyes, redness. Help!
Yes: You describe classic symptoms of dry eyes. However, you need to determine if you have a quantity problem (not making enough tears) or a quality problem (making tears that are not stable and readily evaporate off the eye) or both. Your eye md can help make the correct diagnosis and offer the appropriate treatment. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why whenever i stare at something my eyes get watery?
- Why do i get bruises for no reason?
- Why do i keep getting bruises for no reason?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do my eyes turn red and watery when i use makeup or eye shadow?
- Why do i have watery discharge?
- Why do i get dark circles under my eyes?
- Why do i get bags under my eyes when i cry?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free