Doctor insights on:
Why Do I Cough When I Eat Ice Cream
Yes: Unless you have reaction to temperatures like cold or the ingredients of the yogurt ice cream, that should be ok. ...Read more
? Allergy: If you are allergic to dairy products and if this is dairy free, it should be OK. Test with a small amount and with others present, if you become unwell. All the best. ...Read more
No: There's no reason to avoid a food you like just because you're ill. However, it's a good idea not to overindulge in foods that aren't high in nutrition (albeit ice cream is a good source of calcium). As long as you're getting plenty of fiber, fluids, fruits ; veggies, nuts, olive oil along w/healthy protein, you should be fine. Mediterranean diet has most evidence demonstrating outcome benefit. ...Read more
Cold induced cough?: It is reported that breathing cold air without adequate temperature equilibration can lead to coughing (respiratory autonomic response). I suppose that ice cream might have a similar effect. (i don't know this for a fact, it just seems to make physiologic sense). ...Read more
Bronchospasm?.....: The cough could be due to bronchospasm from an allergy to the foods mentioned. An allergy doctor may be needed to be certain of this diagnosis and for treatment. Avoid the foods that cause these symptoms until the diagnosis is made. If shortness of breath develops, seek emergent care in the er. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do i cough when i eat?
- Why do i get diarrhea after i eat soft serve ice cream?
- Why do i get dizzy when i cough?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do i gag when i cough?
- Why do i sneeze when i eat chocolate?
- Why do eggs make my stomach hurt when i eat them?
- Why do i get light headed when i cough?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online