Doctor insights on:
Why Do I Cough When I Eat Ice Cream
Yes: Unless you have reaction to temperatures like cold or the ingredients of the yogurt ice cream, that should be ok. ...Read more
? Allergy: If you are allergic to dairy products and if this is dairy free, it should be OK. Test with a small amount and with others present, if you become unwell. All the best. ...Read more
Cold induced cough?: It is reported that breathing cold air without adequate temperature equilibration can lead to coughing (respiratory autonomic response). I suppose that ice cream might have a similar effect. (i don't know this for a fact, it just seems to make physiologic sense). ...Read more
No: There's no reason to avoid a food you like just because you're ill. However, it's a good idea not to overindulge in foods that aren't high in nutrition (albeit ice cream is a good source of calcium). As long as you're getting plenty of fiber, fluids, fruits ; veggies, nuts, olive oil along w/healthy protein, you should be fine. Mediterranean diet has most evidence demonstrating outcome benefit. ...Read more
Would something really cold like ice cream be good for an irritated/inflamed throat due to cough?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do i get diarrhea after i eat soft serve ice cream?
- Why do i start to cough when i eat or drink cold things?
- Why does my stomach cramp after i eat ice cream?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do i cough after i eat?
- Why do i always cough after i eat?
- Why do i get headaches when i cough?
- Why do i feel dizzy when i cough?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online