Doctor insights on:
Why Do I Bleed When I Ovulate
Ovulation: A surge in lh hormone levels matures and ovulates (releases) the egg 24 - 48 hours later. Signs that confirm ovulation are change in cervical mucus or some abdominal discomfort or spotting due to the change in hormone levels. This spotting results if the lining is thick but should be similar to a period. It should last only 1-3 days only. If longer or heavier, i would talk to your physician. ...Read more
Ovulation spotting: This is called ovulation spotting. It is a normal occurrence. Its cause has not been precisely determined. It is thought that it could be from the surge in hormones or from the rupture of the follicle that releases the egg. It is likely a normal occurrence in women of reproductive age. ...Read more
OvulatoryBleeding: I assume you are not on any oc's? Mid cycle bleeding at the time of ovulation usually means that the egg follicle ruptured and released a little blood. I wouldn't worry unless you begin to experience other abnormal bleeding signs. If you do, or if you are still concerned, give your gynecologist a call. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do i bleed when i urinate?
- Why do i bleed when i pee?
- Why do i always bleed when i poop?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do i need to poop when i ovulate?
- Why do i get constipated when i ovulate?
- Why do i bleed when i have a bowel movement?
- Why do i bleed when i brush my teeth?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free