Doctor insights on:
Why Do Fingernails And Toenails Turn White When They Grow Longer
Recently my nails have been breaking extensively. Not just my fingernails but my toenails too. I'm really worried. I can't grow them at all. Reason?
What type of doctor treats paronychia of the fingernails? Would that same doctor be able to treat a loosened large toe nail? The toe nail was injured on a lava rock and is barely attached. Will it grow back if removed or falls off? Would like to see the s
Possibilities: This could be from trauma (like bruising), vascular compromise (diminished blood flow), damaged nerves, or more specific conditions like raynaud's (usually associated with autoimmune diseases). Talk to your primary care physician first and a referral will most likely follow based on his/her findings. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Two year old has fingernails that turn blue and also ears, nose and toenail have come off. What can be causing this?
See Pediatrician now: I hope your 2 year old has not lost ears and nose as well as toenail! oh, i see, the fingernails, ears, and nose turn blue, and the toenail is what fell off! this could be a sign of serious problems with the heart/lungs, so you should have your child seen by a pediatrician with special care to evaluate the heart. Now. Referral to a pediatric heart specialist may be the next step. ...Read more
My one year already has an unknown medical condition now she keeps pulling off her fingernails and toenails and feels no pain should I be worried?
Possibly CIPA: Possibly congenital insensitivity to pain. There are five types.People with congenital insensitivity to pain (cipa) have severe loss of sensory perception.They can feel pressure, but not pain, so they are likely to injure or mutilate themselves without meaning to.The signs and symptoms usually appear at birth or during infancy.Sometimes associated with lack of sweating anhidrosis.See pediatrician. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do fingernails twist as they grow and cause pain?
- Dizziness when laying down
- Why do babies turn their heads from side to side rapidly when they are sleeping?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do my eyes turn red and watery when i use makeup or eye shadow?
- Why do babies turn their heads side to side when they sleep?
- Why do my fingers turn white and numb?
- Why do my hands turn red when they are below heart level?
- Talk to a dermatologist online