Doctor insights on:
Why Do Antibiotics Make Me Constipated
I'm constipated from an antibiotic I'm taking...what is the best way to get relief? I've been drinking a ton of water, but it hasnt been helping
I have recurrence of UTI just finish with my antibiotic i still see like particle in my urine like foam and my back and side hurt should I ask for a culture i'm always constipated what can this be .
Gas & Diarrhea: Antibiotics can generally cause gas and diarrhea by altering the normal colonic flora of bacteria. You can reduce this potentially by using probiotics concurrently with your antibiotic. If you're getting terrible symptoms and nausesa, you might want to get another antibiotic. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is it possible that amoxicillin is constipating my 9mnth old? She hasnt had a bowel movement since the night we started the antibiotic.
Constipation: Antibiotics typically do not cause constipation. In fact they can do the opposite (diarrhea/loose stool). A great way to relieve constipation is through over the counter stool softeners such as Colace or Miralax. You can also use Senna with stool softeners to help promote a bowel movement. Hope this helps. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do antibiotics make me nauseous?
- Taking antibiotic makes me constipated why
- Do antibiotics make you constipated?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do probiotics make me sick?
- Why do carrots make me hiccup?
- Why do some antihistamines make me drowsy?
- Why do antibiotics make you sick?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online