Doctor insights on:
Why Did My Heart Flutter Multiple Times Should I Be Worried
I have anxiety & during times of extra stress I can feel palpitations where my heart feels like it flutters. Is this dangerous? can it cause damage?
Aware of Heart Beat: Heart flutter is an awareness of your heart beat. It may be related to a rapid heart beat, or extra beats and is often referred to as palpitations. It may be caused by stress, medication, or other lifestyle considerations and in the absence of structural heart disease is of little concern. It however also can be a marker of a serious heart problem so if persistent consult your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Well we hate to say never in medicine, but i never heard of heat causing atrial flutter. Perhaps if you were overheated you could get symptoms of your heart skipping, but I am talking about the rhythm called atrial flutter. There are many causes such as hypertension, overactive thyroid, valve problems, and alcohol, but not heat to my knowlege. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Rhythm problem: Palpitations or fluttering sensations in the chest most commonly mean that the heart is actually beating irregular with some early beats and some pauses. This can occur at any time of day but not uncommonly, the patient is more likely to notice the sensations at night when lying still or on the left side. Also, in some cases the skipping is more likely to occur when the pulse is slower(lying down). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Should i worry if my heart flutters
- Why do i hear my heartbeat in my ears should i be worried?
- Should i be worried if i feel my baby move less than 10 times a day
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Should i be concerned with a heart flutter
- Why when i bend down does my heart seem to flutter?
- Why does my heart flutter when i drink alcohol?
- Why do i cough when my heart flutters?
- Talk to a cardiologist online