Doctor insights on:
Why Did I Bleed Before My Period
The menstrual cycle begins with the shedding of the uterine lining, resulting in bleeding from the vagina. A few weeks later, one ovary releases an egg and the uterine lining thickens in preparation for a potential pregnancy. Pregnancy can occur at this stage if sperm fertilizes the egg. If the egg is not fertilized, the egg will leave your body and ...Read more
Light bleeding: If your period is usually as regular as clockwork, and you’re now late, you may well be pregnant. In early pregnancy, light bleeding or spotting is common. If you are pregnant, you may find that the bleeding settles and your pregnancy continues. If you are concerned you should take a pregnancy test to find out. ...Read more
Emergencies: If its much more than your usual bleeding, get checked immediately. If you feel faint or actually pass out, call for an ambulance to take you to the emergency dept. If your periods are always very heavy, see your doctor to get them under control so you don't have to few red blood cells (anemia) and the problems anemia can cause. ...Read more
Irregular bleeding: There are many causes of irregular vaginal bleeding in women including both physiological and psychological alterations. Examples would be cervical or uterine abnormalities, and stress and anxiety. It is definitely a topic you should get evaluated for by your physician. Best to you! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why did i bleed after my period?
- Why did i bleed during sex and why did my period last for two weeks?
- Why did i come on my period early?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why did i get my period early?
- Why would i be spotting before my period?
- Why do i spot before my period?
- Why do i smell before my period?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free