Doctor insights on:
Causes Of Cauliflower Ear
Trauma un treated: A cauliflower ear is something that happens a long time after an injury in which the ear develops something called a hematoma. When traumatized the external ear can often develop bleeding between the layer of tissue that feeds the cartilage of the ear and the cartilage itself. When this happens the cartilage is deprived of blood and deteriorates leading to a deformity called a. ...Read more
I had for the last three months a painful cyst like thing above the back of my earlobe can it cause cauliflower ear? My ear seems fine right now.
Sebaceous cyst: Cysts in the earlobe are often quite tender. They can get infected, then the pain is even worse. They are usually treated with antibiotics when acutely infected. But, when they "calm" down, removal is usually accomplished in the office. This does not cause cauliflower ear. You should see an ENT md to see if it warrants removal at this time ...Read more
Days to weeks: I have had cauliflower ear many times. If you drain it, it can come back quickly. If you leave it (and don't continue to irritate it), it will absorb, and harden in a few weeks. Draining it, keeping pressure on it, and a little time off, will usually stop it from coming back. ...Read more
Ugly Ears: The ear becomes misshapen due to trauma. If you leave it that way....It sticks. See your ENT or facial plastic surgeon asap if you suspect you have cauliflower ear. It can be treated in the office usually. It is much easier to treat in the acute setting then after the fact. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I want cauliflower ear. Don't answer the question if your going to tell me that i don't want it. Please reply by telling me how i can get it on my own?
Blunt force trauma: When the ear cartilage gets damaged, there can be bleeding, causing a pocket of blood, that, if not properly treated, after healing, shrivels up and acquires a cauliflower appearing deformity. Due to the nature of the activity, wrestlers, martial artists , and boxers are most likely to develop this, especially if they do not wear appropriate headgear, and do not seek med. Care after injury. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Could a spider bite in the ear cause jaw pain similar to getting punched
- Why would a steroid shot cause you to bloat?
- Why does getting a perm cause your hair to fall out?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have lupus and a water pill caused me to have less pain why is that
- Why does chocolate cause the heart to skip a beat?
- Why does depression cause you to lose weight even though you eat a lot?
- Why are bananas causing gas to form in my stomach?
- Can a sinus infection cause you to have ringing in ears?