Doctor insights on:
Why Cant You Drink With Metrogel
Only if you want to: get incredibly sick. Metronidazole inhibits an enzyme called acetaldehyde dehydrogenase(ALDH). Alcohol is metabolized by alcohol dehydrogenase which makes acetaldehyde, a highly toxic intermediary. This is usually only present for microseconds in most people, and then is metabolized by ALDH into water and carbon dioxide. If the enzyme is blocked, acetaldehyde causes violent vomiting, flushing etc ...Read more
Metronidazoe+alcohol: Do not combine the two: you cna end up with liver damage. ...Read more
Metronidazole/ETOH: If you are taking Metronidazole for some infection, you should completely avoid alcohol use during the treatment course. Once committed to antibiotics, you need to finish the advised course. Once you are done with the treatment, you should be able to have alcohol in 1 or 2 days since half life of this medication is 8 hours. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why cant you drink while using metrogel?
- Why cant you drink alcohol on metrogel?
- Why cant you drink alcohol while using the medication metrogel?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why cant you drink alcahol with antibiotics for bv?
- Why cant you drink alcohol with antibiotics for bv?
- Why cant you drink when taking cephalexin?
- Why cant you drink alcohol with bv medicine?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free