Doctor insights on:
Why Cant You Consume Alcohol While Taking Valtrex
Not wise,,,: Although there's no noted contraindication to doing this, it's generally not a good idea to drink alcohol with any drug, especially large amounts of alcohol that can affect the metabolism and concentration of that drug, and increase side effects. Having said that, it's unlikely that a glass of wine or small amount of alcohol would be significant, unless it is a major contraindication for the drug ...Read more
Should not: Flecainide is used for heart rhythm disturbances, many of which can be caused by alcohol. Alcohol, especially when taken regularly in even moderate doses (2-3 drinks/day) can actually damage the heart muscle in predisposed people. It also has numerous drug interactions, and can lower therapeutic levels of many drugs. You need to talk with your doctor about your alcohol use. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Why do I always think anybody who is asking "can i drink" is generally somebody who is drinking too much? Flecainide is prescribed for cardiac arrhythmias, and alcohol can itself cause cardiac arrhythmias, or worsen pre-existing ones, as well as interacting with the many medications used to treat it. Does your prescribing doc know you drink, and you should discuss it with him/her. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Alcohol & meds/drugs: It is strongly recommended that you not drink alcohol with adizem (diltiazem, a calcium-channel blocker). Alcohol affects how fast the medication is released from the capsule, according the prescribing information. Given that you are taking this for cardiovascular disease (high blood pressure or heart health reasons), it would make sense not to put yourself in danger because you consumed alcohol. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why cant you have alcohol while taking antibiotics?
- Why cant you drink alcohol while taking antibiotic?
- Why you cant drink alcohol while taking antibiotics?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why cant you have alcohol while taking antibiotics for bacterial vaginosis?
- Why cant you drink alcohol while taking tindamax?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking valtrex?
- Can you consume alcohol while taking amoxicillin?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free