Doctor insights on:
Why Cant Cystic Fibrosis Patients Date Each Other
Increased infection: I am not a pulmonary or infectious specialist so i would defer the definitive answer to those specialty physicians. My understanding is that cystic fibrosis patients have increased risk of pulmonary infection. Placing two individuals with the same increased risk together would increase their risk even more. ...Read more
CF diet/supplements: The caloric needs of a CF patient can be 20-30% higher or more than someone without cf. The use of calories for example in respiratory effort uses calories that would otherwise not be expended. Eating a high protein high calorie diet along with CF nutritional supplements will help boost caloric intake. I hope that this helps. ...Read more
Many ways: This is a chronic disease that can cause a variety of consequences to the patient and their family. This is a very complicated question to be answered briefly here. ...Read more
CF meds: Depends on overall pulmonary and GI status: if pancreatic insufficient: -pancreatic enzymes -cf vitamins lung disease: -mucolytics such as pulmozyme -albuterol-bronchodilator -chest physiotherapy to clear secretions -nebulized antibiotics if chronic psuedomonas -azithromycin if chronic pseudomonas -anti-inflammatories sometimes there are also other medications based on disease state. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can cystic fibrosis patients be near each other?
- Why is it called cystic fibrosis?
- How many people die from cystic fibrosis each year?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Integumentary system and cystic fibrosis
- Explain why cystic fibrosis shortens life span
- Why is cystic fibrosis more common in caucasians?
- Why does cystic fibrosis shorten life span?
- Talk to a pediatrician online