Doctor insights on:
Why Can I Not Do My Cardiac Rehab On My Own
A heart program: It is a medically supervised program for patients after cardiac surgery or angioplasty that has been shown to increase survival and improve strength and confidence. Make sure you ask your doctor about this if you recently had cardiac surgery or procedures! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Exercise/education: Cardiac rehab is a supervised exercise program of gradually increasing intensity. Patients who have had a heart attack, coronary angioplasty or coronary artery bypass surgery are encouraged to enroll in these programs. Most insurances cover these programs because of their ability to speed recovery and decrease recurrent disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Multidisciplinary: Cardiac rehab does not have stages as much as it has components. Once someone enters a cardiac rehab program, the staff focuses on aerobic exercise, strength training, stress management, dietary modification, smoking cessation. Each patient will progress at his/her own rate and is monitored closely. Reports are sent back to the physician so he/she may monitor the patient's progress. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Education & exercise: Cardiac rehab is a structured program run by medical professionals that includes supervised exercises tailored to your medical and physical condition, education on how to control your risk factors for heart disease. Multiple scientific studies have shown it improve patient outcomes like quality of life, survival, reduced re-hospitalization, better control of cardiac risk factors. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Nursing, therapist: The rehabilitation department is usually occupied with physical therapist, occupational therapist, and nursing staff -- and they can be registered nurse or licensed practical nurse and nursing assistant. There is always a supervising physician responsible as the medical director of the facility --. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Hello why do i get so much acne only on one side of my face what can i do
- Why do i have red marks and extreme itching on my feet not hardly peeling at all?
- Why did i scar after having laser on my chin and what can i do about it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why can i not maintain my erection when i put on a condom?
- Why do my hips hurt when i sleep on my side?
- Can i just pop a dental abscess on my own?
- Why do i get a headache on the right side of my head?
- Talk to a cardiologist online