Doctor insights on:
Why Are Some People Prone To Tendonitis
How long does it take for peroneal tendonitis to heal? I had pretty bad pain, it got better with pt, and now it feels irritated again...
Is previous peroneal tendonitis the cause for my rolling my ankle twice in the last 2 months? Didn't have this happen before my tendinitis.
Could be: The body's initial response to injury or inflammation is often to shut down or weaken muscle groups around an injured joint. This makes sense in the first few days but also quickly leads to muscle atrophy and weakness. If you do not strengthen those muscles during your recovery, you will be exposed to reinjury. Persistent pain after ankle sprain could be sign of more significant injury. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Yes, peroneal tendonitis can commonly cause a popping sensation in the lateral ankle along with pain with walking or standing, especially on a surface that is on an incline or is uneven. It may also cause some tenderness on the outside of the ankle along with occasional swelling but this is not always seen.Rest and strengthening exercises often help along with taping of the ankle.Feel better soon! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What is peroneal tendonitis? And what causes it?Can you get it from overuse without an acute injury?Back and outside ofankle and even calf nerve hurt
Overuse/Compensation: Peroneal tendonitis is an inflammation of the tendon and tendon sheath complex of the peroneus longus and brevis tendons. These tendons arise from muscles in the outside of the lower leg and course behind the fibula (ankle bone on outside of ankle). Walking on the outside of the foot (often to avoid pain on the inside of the foot or heel) can lead to this condition as can a bad ankle sprain. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why are some people more prone to hernias than others?
- Why are some people prone to skin abscess?
- Why are some people prone to pneumonia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why are some people more prone to alcoholism?
- Why are some people more prone to alcoholism than others?
- Are some people more prone to getting fungal infection?
- Why are some people more likely to develop blighted ovum than others?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free