Doctor insights on:
Why Are Some People Prone To Skin Abscess
Abscess is a condition in which a person has an infection in a part of his body, and the infection is being surrounded and fought off by his white blood cells, causing a lump of purulent whitish thick material (pus) where the infection is. Abscesses can be very small like an acne pustule, or they can be ...Read more
Yes: He is right.Get a more detailed answer ›
Hi I have a skin abscess for a year now. I have it in multiple places. Larger than 1/2 inch is it serious ?
Maybe serious: It sounds like you may be carrying a virulent strain of staph or strep bacteria. Or if the abscesses are limited to certain areas like the groin or armpits, you might have hidradenitis suppurativa, an autoimmune disorder. Either could be serious. Culture tests for staph/strep and perhaps consultation with a dermatologist or infectious diseases specialist may be advisable. See your doctor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are some people more prone to getting skin abscess?
- Why are some people prone to pneumonia?
- Why are some people prone to tendonitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why are ticks more prone to some people?
- Are some people more prone to getting yellow skin?
- Why are some people more prone to alcoholism than others?
- Why are some people more prone to hernias than others?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free