Doctor insights on:
Why Are Some People Prone To Skin Abscess
Yes: He is right.Get a more detailed answer ›
Hi I have a skin abscess for a year now. I have it in multiple places. Larger than 1/2 inch is it serious?
Maybe serious: It sounds like you may be carrying a virulent strain of staph or strep bacteria. Or if the abscesses are limited to certain areas like the groin or armpits, you might have hidradenitis suppurativa, an autoimmune disorder. Either could be serious. Culture tests for staph/strep and perhaps consultation with a dermatologist or infectious diseases specialist may be advisable. See your doctor. ...Read more
Hard to tell: This would be tricky without seeing it, but it could be a small piece of fat that has broken free from the infection. Or if this is an inflammed ruptured cyst rather than an abcess, it may be part of the cyst wall. Finally if the abcess is from a splinter or a foreign body it may be a piece of that. ...Read more
A number of ways:
1. It increases local blood circulation bringing Red Cells) oxygen (healing) and White cells (immunity) to the lesion
2. Once the abscess opens from the hot packs alone or from incision and drainage (surgery) it helps remopve necrotic (dead) tissue a promotes healing!
Hope this helps! ...Read more
Yes: Sure is, if all of the "shell" or bag containing the cyst did not get removed, then can and will return. ...Read more
Not if treated: No these are not dangerous if treated appropriately and in timely way ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Why are some people prone to pneumonia?
- Why are some people more prone to hernias than others?
- Are some people more prone to getting inflammatory conditions?
- Are some people more prone to getting gastroenteritis?
- Are some people more prone to getting cough and fever?
- Are some people more prone to getting tick bite?
- Are some people more prone to getting laryngitis?
- Are some people more prone to getting bacterial infection?
- Why are ticks more prone to some people?