Doctor insights on:
Why Are Some People More Susceptible To Coughs
Had pneumonia 2x, bronchitis once & susceptible to cough/cold. Im not smoker. Aside fr taking flu & pneumonia shot, how how can I strengthen my lungs?
See the doc: You need to have your immune system checked, see an immunologist. ...Read more
3 yo w/croupy cough during URI w/fever. Doc gave orapred. Will orapred make him more susceptible to a secondary infection like pneumonia?
The cause of the: Cough determines the treatment. For example if your cough is secondary to heart burn or reflux, then the treatment life style changes, dietary changes and the use of antacids. If the cough is due to a cold, upper respiratory infection, the treatment is time, fluids and time. If it gets real bad you may try cough syrups. There are many other causes and thus the same process... Good luck. Dr. B. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Need more info.: Could be many things. From your profile, I would assume that you don't smoke, not on medications, & have no immune suppressing conditions. Call your doctor ASAP. The questions your doctor may ask: 1) How long has it been present? 2) Are you producing phlegm? color? blood? 3) What makes cough worse? lying? drinking? certain time of day? 4) Other symptoms? If short of breath starts call 911 ...Read more
Cough: I'm sorry to hear that. If your condition is chronic or if you have associated symptoms such as fever, fatigue, weakness, or pain, you should see a doctor to find the cause of the cough and recommend a treatment. There are many causes of cough from allergy to asthma to infections and more. Finding the cause is most important. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there people more susceptible to pinworm?
- Are there people more susceptible to scabies?
- Are there certain people that are more susceptible to sepsis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why are some people more prone to alcoholism?
- Why are ticks more prone to some people?
- Why are some people more fertile than others?
- What makes people more susceptible to colon cancer?
- Why are obese people more susceptible to diabetes?