Doctor insights on:
Why Are My Toenails Turning Black
What would be the reason for my toenails to be turning black. They are also becoming hollow underneath. What should I do?
Blood but you need : To have it checked to make sure its blood and nothing else. ...Read more
My husband, on pradax for af, is experiencing painful calves and toenails turning black. What's happening?
Pradaxa: These are not normal side effects according to their literature. Tiredness is listed . Either way , see your prescribing physician asap . Good luck. ...Read more
See a podiatrist: If you are runner, this is a common injury called "black toe syndrome" due to blood bruises under the nail plate. Other causes of black toenails are infections - either bacterial or fungal. Another cause may be from a fracture in the last bone of the toe. In any case, see a podiatrist who can examine and treat any of these conditions and recommend ways to prevent recurrence. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why are my feet turning black?
- Why is my skin turning black?
- Why are my fingernails turning black?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why is my toenail black and hollow?
- My toes are turning black
- My feet are turning black
- My tongue is turning black
- Talk to a dermatologist online