Doctor insights on:
Why Are My Newly Pierced Ears Crusty And Hot I Followed Directions
It needs to be: replaced asap.Get a more detailed answer ›
Please seek: medical attention for this.Get a more detailed answer ›
I was told i could use contact solution (saline solution) to clean my newly pierced ears. Is this a good safe idea?
No problem: Contact saline is sterile and to the extent that cleaning a fresh piercing helps with the healing, those solutions are a good way to do it. Make sure you move the keeper in the piercing several time per day which will encourage the clean out and healing. ...Read more
Takes long time: The regular ear piercing takes up to 8 weeks to heal, the cartilage piercing can take much longer, and you need to make sure that you clean and rotate earrings during all this time 2-3 times a day. If it has been longer than that, return to the place that did the piercing or go to your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Clean: Your piercer should provide you with instructions, but cleanliness is the key. Clean your hands prior to touching your ears and earrings. Clean the front and back of the earrings 2-3 times a day. Do not remove the earirings for 6 weeks, but twist them both directions in the ears 2-3 times a day. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- After i wear earrings my ears are itchy red and sore
- Why are my feet hot and itchy?
- Why are my cheeks red and hot?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do i get raised whelps on my back and it is hot to the touch and hurts?
- I need help to find out why my feet are always freezing cold and why it happens
- Yesterday i went to a club and my ears are still ringing am i going deaf
- My ears are plugged up and hearing is muffled what should i do
- Why do my ears both get red and hot sometimes?