Doctor insights on:
Why Are My Newly Pierced Ears Crusty And Hot I Followed Directions
It needs to be: replaced asap.Get a more detailed answer ›
Please seek: medical attention for this.Get a more detailed answer ›
I was told i could use contact solution (saline solution) to clean my newly pierced ears. Is this a good safe idea?
No problem: Contact saline is sterile and to the extent that cleaning a fresh piercing helps with the healing, those solutions are a good way to do it. Make sure you move the keeper in the piercing several time per day which will encourage the clean out and healing. ...Read more
Takes long time: The regular ear piercing takes up to 8 weeks to heal, the cartilage piercing can take much longer, and you need to make sure that you clean and rotate earrings during all this time 2-3 times a day. If it has been longer than that, return to the place that did the piercing or go to your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Clean: Your piercer should provide you with instructions, but cleanliness is the key. Clean your hands prior to touching your ears and earrings. Clean the front and back of the earrings 2-3 times a day. Do not remove the earirings for 6 weeks, but twist them both directions in the ears 2-3 times a day. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i use clindamycin gel on my pierced ears?
- Why does my ears get red and hot?
- Why do my ears feel hot?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do my ears both get red and hot sometimes?
- Why do i hear my heartbeat in my ears?
- Why can i hear my heartbeat in my ears?
- Why can i hear my heartbeat in my ear?
- Why do my pierced ears smell?