Doctor insights on:
Why Are My Hands Cramped When Im Wake Up
Muscle cramps: Sometimes muscles cramps such as you describe are due to potassium or magnesium deficiency. Make certain you eat a healthy diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables. Taking a magnesium supplement in the form of 500mg of magnesium oxide daily may also help. Thanks for trusting HealthTap! ...Read more
I've been noticing that my legs twitch in my sleep, not often but maybe 1-2 times per night and it wakes me up. My hands also cramp and hurt for hrs!
Try K-Mg Aspartate: Try Potassium-Magnesium Aspartate. Aspartic acid is a mineral transporter, and will enhance the uptake of potassium and magnesium into the cells. Restless legs, as you are describing, often responds to additional magnesium and potassium, two minerals which most people are deficient. ...Read more
Stretch & evaluate: I would expect your name to be something more like carpe mannus rather than carpe diem. Spasms are generally relieved by slow and progressive passive stretching of the effected muscle. Spasms can be caused by a variety of reasons including electrolyte abnormalities, denervation, endocrinologic diseases, seizure, nerve compression, etc. If this recurs discuss with your primary care physician. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Muscle spasm..: Muscle fatigue/injury, over-used, poor blood circulation (i.E laying on arm too long while asleep), medication use, neurologic diseases/nerve compression, low potassium/calcium etc...Can cause muscle spasm. At times, no cause can be found. There are treatments, but you should get evaluated by doc first if this is bothersome/recurring for you. Keep well hydrated. Good luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why are my hands asleep when i wake up?
- Why do my hands hurt when i wake up?
- Why do my hands feel numb when i wake up?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do my hands go numb when i wake up?
- Why do my hands writers cramp up when im sleeping?
- Why do i bite my tongue when im a sleep and the pain wakes me up?
- My hand is numb when i wake up
- Why are my hands stiff when i wake up?