Doctor insights on:
Why Are My Eyes Puffy When I Wake Up
Puffy eye lids: Edema or swelling of eye lids in the morning is probably related to your horizontal position in bed, allergy, thyroid eye disease or hereditary factors. See your local Oculoplastic surgeon for best evaluation. ...Read more
Allergy symptoms: Capillary leakage from histamine release due to allergies cause the swelling. With chronic capillary permeability, red blood cells leak and stain the skin leaving a darker pigmented appearance. If your treatments are not working then seeing an allergist for definitive treatment should be your next step. ...Read more
Lying flat: Typically this is due to lying flat and the fluid in the body collects around the eyes in the soft tissue under the thin peri-orbital eyelid skin. The fluid may be developing due to gravity and lying flat where it builds up in this area. It may also occur because of an allergic response, inflammation, or heart conditions (poor pumping of the heart). ...Read more
8mos old wakes up with cold in his eyes and his eyes are puffy..his eyes are not red..what can this be and is this urgent?
Watch carefully: probable conjunctivitis. may get better on its own, but could also require antibiotics. he should be seen by his pediatrician within the next day, if symptoms don't improve ...Read more
See 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why are my eyes red when i wake up?
- Why are my eyes swollen when i wake up?
- Why does my eyes hurt when i wake up?
- Why are my hands swollen when i wake up?
- Why are my legs sore when i wake up in the morning?
- Why are my toes numb when i wake up?
- Why are my feet swollen when i wake up?
- Why is my face puffy swollen when i wake up?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free