Doctor insights on:
Why Are My Eyes Irritated From Wearing Contact Lenses
Redness/ pain: Contacts commonly cause eye irritation, especially if worn for too long or if you sleep in them. Redness, blurred vision, pain, and overall irritation are common symptoms. The longer you wear your contacts, the worse it will get. It should feel better the longer your contacts are out. If your symptoms do not go away with the contacts out see your eye md as this may be a more serious problem. ...Read more
What can I do when i can't remove my contact lenses , i mean when i feel they're stuck to my eyes ; and my eyes become irritated because of trying ?
Lubrication: Try hydrating the contact lenses with re-wetting drops before attempting to remove them. If this is an ongoing problem, you probably need to be refit in a different contact lens material that is better for dry eyes. A poor contact lens fit puts you at risk for a corneal infection. ...Read more
If you feel eyes: Contact lenses cause a general decrease in oxygen to the cornea. They can also cause discomfort in the form of foreign body sensation especially when blinking, redness of white part of eye, irritation, chronic tearing, fluctuating blurry vision, pain. If you have any of these symptoms, your contacts may be irritating your eye. An eyemd can take a look under the microscope to check. ...Read more
It happens: Irritation is not "normal", but can result from the eye being unused to having a foreign body (the contact lens) in it! dry eye can make irritation more likely as can overwear during the initial period of use. Redness is a "red flag"! don't continue to wear the lenses without first checking with your eye are provider! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Could starting ortho tri-cyclen pills be the reason why my contact lenses feels so dry & irritated in my eyes?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal for my eyes to be bloodshot when wearing contact lenses?
- What can be done for eyes that get so dry from wearing contact lenses?
- My bff is wearing contact lenses with chalazion what's that
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does wearing contact lenses make your eyes weaker as in comparison to glasses?
- Why are my eyes always irritated?
- Side effects of wearing contact lens
- Why do my eyes burn at the end of the day when i have my contact lenses on?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free