Doctor insights on:
Why Are My Eyes Irritated From Wearing Contact Lenses
Redness/ pain: Contacts commonly cause eye irritation, especially if worn for too long or if you sleep in them. Redness, blurred vision, pain, and overall irritation are common symptoms. The longer you wear your contacts, the worse it will get. It should feel better the longer your contacts are out. If your symptoms do not go away with the contacts out see your eye md as this may be a more serious problem. ...Read more
Possibly reacting: It is possible that the lenses you bought online are old rather than fresh, or that they are preserved in a chemical like thimerisol to which you're having an allergic reaction. Also possible that the fit is wrong, or that your eyes are too dry to wear them. Contact an eye care professional and have them evaluate you and the lenses. ...Read more
Dry eye usually: Patients who wear contact lenses are at increased risk for developing dry eye, which can lead to contact lens intolerance. Patients will often report that their eyes feel irritated or dry as an early sign of dry eye.. Additional signs can include blurred vision. Therapy with dry eye treatments and even punctal plugs can make a major impact in this condition. Please see your eye doctor. ...Read more
No: But you must be careful where you get them and the quality of the lenses. Most problems occur due to infection or expiration of the lenses. Also, some people's eyes may be more sensitive than others. If your eyes become red, take them out. ...Read more
Not a good idea: Redness is a sign of a problem. As a general rule, anytime your eye is red, the first that you need to do is to take the contact lens out. There is strong likelihood that the redness is due to the contacts and keeping it in will only aggravate the situation (although your eye may feel better wearing the contacts). See your eye md for an evaluation. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal for my eyes to be bloodshot when wearing contact lenses?
- What can be done for eyes that get so dry from wearing contact lenses?
- My bff is wearing contact lenses with chalazion what's that
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does wearing contact lenses make your eyes weaker as in comparison to glasses?
- Why are my eyes always irritated?
- Side effects of wearing contact lens
- Why do my eyes burn at the end of the day when i have my contact lenses on?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free