Doctor insights on:
Why Are My Eyelashes Crusty
Blepharitis: The crusting could be a type of inflammation called "blepharitis" or it could be an eye infection. The lashes may be falling out because of the blepharitis, or it may be a sign of an underactive thyroid. You would need to have an eye physician check your crusting eyelids, and you might need a simple blood test to check your thyroid. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
4 mo old baby wakes up with green crusty d/c in eyelashes. Scleras are clear. Conjunctivitis maybe? Possible dx?
Eyelash growth: This depends upon the type of loss. If cut, burned, or by chemo, or otherwise lost with preservation of the lash roots, then the lashes will grow back. If lost from lid destruction or severe disease like advanced eczema, then regrowth might be spotty or not at all. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Fake Eyelash Warning: While generally considered safe, the popular repeated use of glued-on lash extensions and false strip lashes CAN cause problems. Over time, if not carefully removed, glued-on lashes can cause 'traction,' pulling out your existing eyelashes and causing damage. "Eyelash Traction Alopecia" is a common cause of permanent eyelash loss which can only be repaired with an eyelash transplant. Google it! :) ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- My eyelashes are crusty
- Why are my eyelashes coming out?
- Why do my eyelashes hurt?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do i pull my eyelashes out?
- Why am i losing my eyelashes?
- Why are my newly pierced ears crusty and hot i followed directions?
- Why is one eye crusty then the other the next day am i touching them in my sleep?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free