Doctor insights on:
Why Are Blue Eyes More Sensitive To Sunlight
Yes: The iris is a barrier with an expandable hole in the middle through which light passes to the retina. Its function depends on blocking all light that doesn't enter the hole. All iris pigments leak a little light, called "straylight, " causing glare and mildly decreasing visual acuity. Blue pigment happens to leak the most light. Of more consequence is blue-eyed individual's skin photosensitivity. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Blue eyes have less pigment in the iris and therefore transmit light to the retina easier, increasing light exposure and sensitivity. Not all blue-eyed people are abnormally sensitive to light. Adaptation can happen, as well as the wearing of sun glasses for protection and comfort. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My 2yo has blue eyes. When sun is in his eyes he ducks his head n says "no like it"..if in car n I can't make it "go away" he crys saying "sun go away?
Mgt: I would suggest a cap with a brim, avoiding bright sun and sunglasses which can help to decrease UV exposure. He can be referred to an Opthalmologist by his PCP for further evaluation. ...Read more
Girlfriend was in the sun all day and she now has a small black spot on her upper eye lid. She is light skinned with blue eyes and the spot was just n?
What to do if I have very dark hair, blue eyes and pale skin.. my first time on a sun bed, how long should I use the bed for?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why are blue eyes more sensitive to light?
- Are people with blue eyes more sensitive to light?
- Does wearing sunglasses make your eyes sensitive to sunlight?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why is the small of your back more sensitive to kissing?
- Do people with blue eyes get more cataracts?
- Blue-colored whites of the eyes
- Why are my eyes so sensitive to light sometimes?
- Talk to a clinical geneticist online for free