Doctor insights on:
Why Am I Never Thirsty
It is normal: Thirst is a mechanism controlled by the brain where there are receptors (osmoreceptors) that sense the amount of salts in our body. If we loose fluids ( sweating, exercise, diarrhea) these receptors are activated and give us the sensation of thirst. The threshold for these receptors activity is different in each of us. ...Read more
Not a good idea.: I believe u can,but U shouldn't .Is there a specific reason U avoid drinking fluids?The body loses about 2 liters of fluid a day.This is what we give patients who are n.p.o. In hospital ,to maintain adequate and normal fluid balance ( homeostasis ).I don't think you need 8 glasses of water per day , but not far from it, , is reasonable.So,drink...even if not thirsty.No pee=dehydration. ...Read more
Why am I never thirsty/feel thirst I'm chronically dehydrated like my doctor thinks I am? i drink only around 16-24 oz of fluids a day
Dehydrated???: The total amount of fluid that you take in includes all the fluid in the food that you eat. A cuke is 95% water so a 5 oz cuke is 4.75 oz of water. In it. Why do think you're dehydrated? You're only 18 and likely have excellent working kidneys that are great at maintaining your fluid and electrolyte balance. ...Read more
Hello im 17 weeks pregnant and never thirsty, the most i ever have to drink is 3 glasses of water. I dont understand why i am literally never thirsty?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why am i so thirsty lately?
- I am always thirsty
- Why am i so thirsty all the time am i addicted to diet sodas?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I never had acne as a teenager why am i now getting acne as an adult
- I sit in an air conditioned office and sip water all day why am i still thirsty
- I am constantly thirsty diet or disease
- Why do i never burp?
- Why am i thirsty for soda so often?