Doctor insights on:
Why Am I Getting Cramps After My Period
Uterus or ovaries: When a patient presents with new onset of pain or cramping that is strongly associated with their cycle, they should be examined and an ultrasound ordered. The thought is that this might be related to ovarian cysts or uterine polyps. This might be the best first step to sorting this out! ...Read more
Prostaglandins: Your body produces prostaglandins to help break down the lining of your uterus at the end of your cycle (if you are not pregnant). Prostaglandins cause contractions of the uterus, inflammation and pain. Nsaids like Ibuprofen will help. If the cramping/pain persists even with the help of nsaids, visit your doctor, who will help manage your cramps and pain. ...Read more
That is variable. : With pms, symptoms (to include cramping) can occur one to two weeks prior to your period. ...Read more
Yes: Remaining prostaglandins in your system after your period can cause continued cramps. ...Read more
Can most people get cramps right before they start their period or start getting little cramps right after ovul?
Period started one day early, it was very light bleeding and it didn't get heavy. Period is done but still having cramps and its 2 days after period?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why am i having cramps a week after my period?
- Why am i having cramps after my period?
- Why am i getting cramps a week before my period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why am i still having cramps after my period?
- Why am i getting brown discharge after my period?
- Why do i have cramps after my period?
- Why do i have cramps 3 days after my period?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free