Doctor insights on:
Who Should Avoid Taking An Aldosterone Antagonist
I have been taking spiro for hyperaldosteronism for a year. By now has my aldosterone level returned to normal and will i ever be able to stop taking ?
It is unlikely : If you have conn disease you will likely need for long. But have to know if your hyperaldestronism is temporary to suggest duration of treatment. ...Read more
Taking Spironolactone to block aldosterone to raise K. Can you cut film coated tablet 25mg in half. If not can you just take 25 mg every other day.
Correct measurement: Aldosterone levels vary quite a bit with even position. First make sure that it is measured correctly. Truly high levels of aldosterone may be related to overgrowth or tumor in the adrenal gland, or be secondary to high renin levels driving higher production. Further labs and imaging may be needed to accurately diagnose. Discuss with your doctor. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is an a.m. Aldosterone of 6ng/dl on the low side? Range is < or = 28 which seems dumb because a value of 0 or 1 would be "in range".
No: That is an acceptable level in and of itself, but it must be evaluated in the context of other hormonal levels and other symptoms and signs you are experiencing. ...Read more
Aldosterone: Tough to answer in a short space. Please go online and type in "elevated aldosterone levels". Start at the top and slowly work your way down. It might be hard at first but the more you read the more you will understand. There is also a section "Images" but that is much more difficult to fully understand. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What kind of substances should i avoid while i am taking phentermine?
- What should i avoid eating before and after an open heart surgery?
- What are the herbs i should avoid while taking lamictal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What foods should you avoid eating when taking warfarin?
- What foods should you avoid when taking aldactone?
- Should grapefruit juice be avoided when taking warfarin or blood pressure medication
- Which foods should you avoid when taking xenical
- Talk to a nephrologist online for free