Doctor insights on:
Who Might Have A Medical Reason Not To Get A Navel Piercing
Hyperpigmentation: This could be simply post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (pigment due to the inflammation of the piercing itself). Keep the area clean and moisturized and out of the sun. It may take a few weeks to months to resolve. If it doesn't improve, there is a chance you are allergic to the metal in the piercing. ...Read more
Piercing rash: The pirecing can be infected or you may be allergic to the metal you just put in it, see a doctor immediately. ...Read more
Good idea: Is it a septal or nares piercing? If it is a septal piercing - would surely get it checked. Significant deformity may result from complications like necrosis of nasal wall or perichondritis. If stud grows into skin it may need to be cut out. Nasal jewelry could be aspirated into lungs or swallowed. A number of types of bacterial infections are possible. ...Read more
Is there any way to get rid of scarring from navel piercing? Dark, depressed inch circle has been above navel and it's driving me insane! anything?
"Insane"?: I suggest speaking with a dermatologist about your navel scar. S/he may have ideas about dealing with it. If it's truly driving you "insane, " please also consider a psychiatric consult. ...Read more
Naval Piercing: New piercings are usually cleaned twice a day. Do not twist jewelry / post. Saturate gauze w saline solution (pinch of sea salt in warm water), place on piercing & allow it to gently drip into the piercing. Or you can buy pressurized saline solution at a drug store. An alternate way to clean navel piercings: rapidly turn over a cup of warm saline on to the piercing. This should create a small ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Reasons to get a belly button piercing
- Who to see for weight gain and maybe medical reason
- What are some reasons that the doctor might tell me to have a splenectomy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to get a piercing if you have mrsa?
- Is it safe to get liposuction done if i might have chlamydia?
- Describe some reasons why a patient might have abnormally low blood cholesterol
- Is there a reason why i might get kidney stones at the same time every year?
- Talk to a dermatologist online