Doctor insights on:
Who Is Susceptible To Cmv
Blood test: Cytomegalovirus infection is diagnosed by a variety of blood tests. It is part of the standard battery of tests given to pregnant moms. Once you have been infected, you are immune for life. As a result, if a pregnant mom has never been infected, she needs to be very careful to stay away from sick people, many of whom might have cmv. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: That's not how CMV is transmitted.Get a more detailed answer ›
Depends: CMV (cytomegalovirus) infection in children and young adults with intact immune system is usually a trivial infection. However, pregnant mother becomes infected the first time, the virus infects her fetus. Sensorineural hearing loss and developmental delay are common sequelae following congenital CMV infection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes,usually no prob.: CMV is in the herpes family & many viruses in that family, like herpes simplex, Epstein Barr virus, chickenpox, HHV 6 & CMV infect virtually everyone & live in our bodies forever. For those with a healthy immune system this is not a problem as our bodies can keep them in a inactive state where they do not cause problems. However, people who are immunocomprised may develop chronic active infection. ...Read more
CMV: They can occur rarely but can include symptoms similar to the initial infections if you feel this is a possibility than you can be tested and you should see your pcp or id physician. ...Read more
I have just received my CMV status and it came back as normal no action, does this mean its positive or negative?
I would guess NEG: I would guess this meant you tested negative for cmv. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Who is susceptible to impetigo
- Who is more susceptible to lung problems caused by pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Is it possible to get rabies from kissing someone who has rabies?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it okay to kiss my boyfriend who is healing from tonsillitis?
- I am pregnant is it bad to be around a child who is diagnosed with scarlet fever
- Is sheep placenta capsule good for woman who is going to have baby?
- Why is skin so susceptible to cancer?
- Talk to a pediatrician online