Doctor insights on:
Who Is More Susceptible To Lung Problems Caused By Pseudomonas Aeruginosa
Cystics, COPD: Patients with cystic fibrosis and patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease with bronchiecteisis or pathologic dilation of their bronchi are most susceptible to pseudomonas lowere respiratory tract infections. Patients in the hospital on antibiotics are also susceptible to pseudomonas infections. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Deoxygenated blood enters the lungs from the right side of the heart and travels to the lungs. When you inspire, oxygen flows into the lungs, transverses the capilliares and attaches to hemoglobin down a gradient. At the same time, co2 diffuses into the capilaries and is expelled with exhalation. Oxygen rich blood then flows to the left side of the heart and into the ...Read more
My coworker has pseudomonas aeruginosa that has caused a corneal ulcer. Should i be worried of contracting it as well?
Yes: Polymyxins are a very old class of antibiotics. They tend to have kidney and nervous system toxicity, and because they are very old the exact effective doses of these drugsis not well known. Still given problems with bacterial antibiotic resistance, sometimes these agents are used when a highly resistant bacteria is encountered. Colistin the one most often used can be given via inhalation or iv. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sometimes: Quinilones in the past were very effective against pseudomonas, however because of their widespread and some might say, excessive use in the hospital and community many strains of pseudomonas are now resistant to these antibiotics. They still retain effectiveness in some cases, and specific testing of the germ grown from the patient (culture results) can determine if this is true in a given case. ...Read more
Probably not: When you have cancer, your immune system is compromised or lower, and this means you are more susceptible to developing an infection. However, it is not specifically to pseudomonas species per se. But, in general, you need to know the cancer type and what the treatment is, since some treatments (like chemotherapy), also decrease your ability to fight off infections effectively. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa causes what disease
- How commonly does pseudomonas aeruginosa infect the lungs?
- My child has asthma are they more likely to get pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there home remedies that can treat a pseudomonas aeruginosa lung infection?
- Does having heart surgery recently make me more susceptible to lung infections?
- What are the causes of cts and who is more likely to develop it?
- Does a nose piercing cause more sinus problems?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free