Doctor insights on:
Who Is More Susceptible To Lung Problems Caused By Pseudomonas Aeruginosa
Cystics, COPD: Patients with cystic fibrosis and patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease with bronchiecteisis or pathologic dilation of their bronchi are most susceptible to pseudomonas lowere respiratory tract infections. Patients in the hospital on antibiotics are also susceptible to pseudomonas infections. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Deoxygenated blood enters the lungs from the right side of the heart and travels to the lungs. When you inspire, oxygen flows into the lungs, transverses the capilliares and attaches to hemoglobin down a gradient. At the same time, co2 diffuses into the capilaries and is expelled with exhalation. Oxygen rich blood then flows to the left side of the heart and into the ...Read more
My coworker has pseudomonas aeruginosa that has caused a corneal ulcer. Should i be worried of contracting it as well?
Probably not: When you have cancer, your immune system is compromised or lower, and this means you are more susceptible to developing an infection. However, it is not specifically to pseudomonas species per se. But, in general, you need to know the cancer type and what the treatment is, since some treatments (like chemotherapy), also decrease your ability to fight off infections effectively. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Later in life: Patients with cystic fibrosis often get these bacteria in their airways by adulthood. The vast majority of adult CF patients have airways colonized with pseudomonas aeruginosa (pa). Younger patients (kids) tend not to have pa in their airways, but that can vary. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Varies: This bacteria is a relatively common cause of hospital acquired infections. It is also an important cause of infection in patients with cystic fibrosis. To get an idea of how common in hospitalized patients it is seen in up to 4/1000 patient discharges from the hospital and is responsible for about 10% of hospital acquired infections. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to take gabapentin to relieve pain caused by a sciatic nerve problem?
- What are the causes of cts and who is more likely to develop it?
- I have tuberculosis am i more likely to get a lung infection caused by candida
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is pulmonary hemorrhage in adults caused by lung cancer?
- Is it possible to cause a brain bleed by shaking my head too hard?
- Is hsp caused by some contagious virus is it safe to be around an hsp child?
- Is it possible to get irregular periods caused by irritable bowel syndrome?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free