Doctor insights on:
Who Is More Likely To Catch Tapeworm
Can the kind of tapeworms that cats get from fleas cause cysts in the brain, etc. for a human if they catch it somehow?
Yes: There are two species of Echinococcus of concern in pets: E. granulosus, which can infect dogs (see micrograph, right), and E. multilocularis, which can infect both dogs and cats These may cause cysts in the brains of infected humans. Look on the internet, you will find a lot of information about this. ...Read more
Can a tapeworm cause a partial bowel obstruction. How could I have this diagnosed (please don't say fecal ova/parasite test). Will xray catch this?
No known illnesses: Tapeworms themselves are the cause of tapeworm illnesses. As to whether or not tapeworms carry other illnesses, such as disease-causing viruses or bacteria, when tapeworms are transmitted, that is not known. Tapeworm larvae and eggs are living things, so they carry other germs, but diseases from such germs have not been seen. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Who is more likely to become anorexic
- Who is more likely to be affected by facet syndrome
- What are the causes of cts and who is more likely to develop it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Who can catch the shingles
- Is it more likely to have a boy or girl?
- When are you more likely to become pregnant
- When is a woman more likely to get pregnant
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online